Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - Sale at Safeway


It surprises me when people tell me that they never tasted a Honey Crisp apple. Its just such a good apple. I had my first taste of a Honey Crisp about four years ago while visiting my best friend Caroline when she was studying at Northwestern University. She made all these great plans for us. We went to see a play, we ate at all her favorite restaurants, and she even drove us out to an orchard to go apple picking. Both of us were raised in California and there is not a whole lot of apple picking opportunities in California. We ran around grabbing all the apples we could find. Caroline looked and looked but she couldn't find any Honey Crisp apples. I didn't understand her obsession over these apples until she stopped by a grocery store on the way home and bought me some. I took a bite. It was slightly tart, sweet, and so juicy. I'm now in love with this apple. I just can't get enough of them. Farmers markets are selling them for about $2.49 per lb. Safeway has them on sale for $1.49 per lb (the one in Adams Morgan is selling them for $0.99 per lb.)

Here are some other deals you can find at Safeway this week:

Boneless Pork Loin - $1.69 per lb
Top Sirloin Steak - $2.99 per lb
93% Ground Beef - $2.49 per lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.49 per lb
Pineapples - $1.99 each
Whole Chicken - $1.49 per lb
2-litre bottles of Coke Products - $0.88 each (must buy four)
Barrilla Pasta Sauce - $1.99 per jar
Barlett Pears - $1.49 per lb
Italian Zuchinni and Yellow Squash - $1.29 per lb
5-lb bag of Russett potatoes - $2.99
Pomegranates - $3 each

Please note that each Safeway location is different. Please check Safeway.com to see your local specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment