Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Recipes

This past weekend, I had several conversations with good friends who went apple picking. If I didn't already have prior plans, I most definitely would have hitched a ride with them to an orchard. In addition to hearing about all the fun they had on their apple picking adventure, I heard one common question: "What am I going to do with all these apples?" For my friends who went apple picking or for those who find themselves picking up the totes of apples at the grocery store (they are $0.88 per lb at Giant), here are some tasty looking recipes:

Whole Wheat Apple Muffins

Apple Ricotta Pancakes


Apple Bread


Cabbage, Apple, Walnut Salad


Apple Chutney


Apple Dumplings


Tarte Tatin

2 comments:

  1. I am pulling the Whole Wheat Apple Muffins out of the oven now and they look and smell great! Thanks for posting these just in time for my Columbus Day Apple Picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My housemate also made those muffins and I'm eating them right now for breakfast. DELISH! I might have to try to make at trip out to an apple orchard next Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete