Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jubilee Market Place - NYC

Yes, I actually went to the grocery store while on vacation. I just couldn't help myself. I wanted some fruit and I kinda wanted to see what the prices are like in NYC. My cousin Tina lives in South Manhattan so we went to whichever grocery store we could find nearby. Jubilee Market Place claims to be "an extraordinary specialty food market." In my language, that means expensive. Most items were more expensive than in DC but there were some good deals. And I promise that I won't be spending my entire time looking at food prices while I'm on vacation. Maybe...

Blueberries - $1.99 pint
Pineapple - $2.99 each
Celery - $1.50 each
Iceberg Lettuce - $1.50 each
Dozen Organic Eggs - $3.99 each
1/2 Gallon of Milk - $3.99 each
Chicken Legs - $1.89 per lb
Boneless Chicken Breast - $3.99 per lb
Lean Ground Beef - $3.29 per lb
Feta Cheese - $1.99 per 4oz

No comments:

Post a Comment