Tuesday, June 30, 2009

KaBABs


Each Tuesday means the end of last week's Safeway deals. In case you haven't decided what to make for dinner tonight and you are craving some red meat, you might want to take advantage of the Bottom Round Steak for $1.88 a lb sale that ends tonight. I realize that my friends are very much like me and we are "just a little of this, just a little of that" cooks. We just throw in what we think would taste good and hope for the best. (I'm going to work on my recipe writing. I promise.) The kabobs above were made by Jazmin were delicious and cooked well in the George Foreman. She used garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno, ground black pepper, sea salt, and some mixed Italian herbs to marinate the meat.

In case you want a recipe to follow, here are a few that might be useful to you: (I think the trick when using this type of meat is to marinate, marinate, marinate. You want to make the meat tender and flavorful.)

Sensational Sirloin Kabobs
Garlic-Mustard Glazed Skewers
Peppery Beef Kebabs with Braised Pearl Onions
Sirloin Kebabs with Southeast-Asian-Style Spice Paste

Feel free to add any recipes you would recommend in the comments section.

1 comment:

  1. love the concept of your blog! thanks for the link on twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete