Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Julie and Julia

When I first moved to DC in 2005, one of the first things I wanted to see was Julia Child's Kitchen exhibit at the Smithsonian. During that time, I worked from 3pm to 11pm so I had the mornings to myself. One morning I got up early, got ready for work, and made my way to the American History Museum. I stood on the side and peered into the little model kitchen and just gazed at every little detail. It was an amazing kitchen. You could be a billionaire and have all the money in the world and you couldn't build a kitchen like that. A kitchen like that requires brains and a lot of heart. It amazed me that her husband thought to trace around the pans so that it was easier to remember where everything went. A lot of wonderful things have been written about their love and I hope its all true. Here is my favorite picture of the couple.


And yes, I loved the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment