Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friday, January 8, 2010 - Deals at Giant




It has been so cold in DC that I literally force myself to imagine that I am walking on a sandy beach with the hot sun burning my skin when I am really just walking to work with the freezing wind burning my skin. This cold weather has made me crave one thing: soup. I have become one of those of people in the movies that look kind of gray as they stare at their office computer screen dreaming of a better life. My better life equals being in my pajamas in my warm home making a big pot of soup. I dream big, don't I.

Here are some recipes I would like to try out:

Beef, Leek, and Barley Soup
Veselka's Cabbage Soup
Lentil, Kale, and Sausage Soup

Here are this week's deals at Giant:

Yukon Gold Potatoes - $2.99 per 5lb bag
Oscar Mayer Bacon - $3.50 per package
Whole Roasting Chicken - $0.99 per lb
Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs - $0.99 per lb
Grapefruit - $2.99 per 5lb bag

1 comment: