Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - Sale at Safeway


I love shopping for food during the holidays. I especially love it that I can get good deals for a holiday meal and for other events. My friend Michael (from www.wingipedia.net) is having a birthday cabin trip this weekend and since I can't head out of town for this reason, I will be sending him off with some sweet potato pie. Lucky for me, yams are $0.39 per lb at Safeway . Also lucky for me, I know Michael will probably read this and I know he will not judge me for spending less than $3 on his birthday pie. Happy Birthday Michael!

Here are some sweet potato recipes I've come across that look good. After reading comments and suggestions, I will roast the potatoes instead of boiling them to get a deeper, more intense flavor. Hopefully these pies will turn out delish.

Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie - Smitten Kitchen
Sweet Potato Pie - Washington Post
Sweet Potato Casserole - Maya Angelou
Sweet Potato Pie (made with yogurt) - Alton Brown
Old Fashion Sweet Potato Pie - Paula Deen
Sweet Potato Cheesecake - Gladys Knight

Here are this week's deals at Safeway:

Variety of Turkeys from $0.47 per lb to $0.99 per lb
Safeway Frozen Vegetables - $1.88 per lb
Rib-Eye Roast - $4.99 per lb
Pork Shoulder Blade Roast - $1.29 per lb
Whole Roasting Chicken - $0.99 per lb
Yams - $0.39 per lb
Grapes - $1.47 per lb
Cranberry Cocktail - $2.50 for a 64 oz bottle
Cool Whip - $1.29 a tub
Broccoli Crowns - $1.49 per lb
Green Beans - Buy one Get one 12 oz bag
Russet Potatoes - $3 for 5 lb bag
Celery - $1.50 per bunch
Asparagus - $2.99 per lb

Please note that each Safeway location is different. Please check Safeway.com to see your local specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment