Monday, July 11, 2011

DC State Fair Bake Sale at Zorba's Cafe - Sunday, July 17

Picture by Olga Berman of Mango Tomato

Look at this pie. Doesn't it look delicious? I recently made my first cherry pie from scratch (not pictured above) and I am slowly falling in love with pie making. It is all about the crust for me. The fact that a delicious, buttery, flaky crust can come out of flour, cold butter, and cold water is just amazing.

To support the DC State Fair events, there will be a bake sale at Zorba's Cafe near Dupont Circle on Sunday, July 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 am. Please come and support this community event by purchasing some delicious baked goods. I know many of the bakers personally and they make some amazing stuff. I'm looking forward to see what they bring on Sunday. Please join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment